After the DIY tile disaster, I decided I was better off buying loose tiles and creating my own pattern. It was less of a disaster.
I thought learning how to make polymer clay tiles then making polymer clay tiles myself would be easy. I could not have been more wrong. Part 2 of my misadventures.
After my success with DIYing the wood floor, I figured I would find equal success teaching myself how to make polymer clay tiles for the dollhouse. This was not remotely the case.
Part 3 of the story. Installing a dollhouse floor is not an easy task. But if you follow a plan and are willing to improvise anything is possible!
Part 2 of the story. Installing a dollhouse floor is not an easy task. But if you follow a plan and are willing to improvise anything is possible!
Laying a dollhouse wood floor isn’t easy. But, it’s not impossible either, if you use the right glue and practice a lot of patience!
I though that finishing the floorboards for the second floor would be easy. I could not have been more wrong!
Today’s adventure was attaching the dollhouse stair stringer. Like most things, I did it “not right,” but learned some interesting things along the way.
My original plan was to wait until I had cut all the strips then dye them in one big batch. My thought was using the Rit dye bath would create a lot of dye, and I didn’t want to waste it. But, then I figured there’s no time like the present. I’m not finishing the cutting anytime soon, and I might as well run this little experiment and see how it turns out.
One of the biggest problems I have with dollhouse building is the technical details. Take, for example, identifying wood grain.